The 7-inch (17.8cm) high-resolution display allows full operation of the system via touch-screen technology and features the latest video technology for outstanding picture clarity, contrast and resolution. This allows navigation maps to be displayed in stunning detail, while movies or video clips become a real cinematic experience. The user interface is very intuitive and is designed to perfectly integrate into your vehicle. Youll soon appreciate the ease of use and convenience of direct touch operation in your Audi.
The Alpine system is connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have full control over volume, phone, audio track forward/backward and many other commands. You can even activate voice control for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto right from your steering wheel.
The original audio control panel is replaced by an Alpine panel that allows direct access to audio sources, navigation, rear view camera and more. It is designed to integrate perfectly into your vehicles dashboard.
The X702D-A4 is linked to the driver information display in the instrument cluster. It can display radio station names, audio sources, caller names and much more. It is now also possible to display turn-by-turn arrows of the built-in iGo navigation system or Android Auto based navigation apps.
Audi uses the main display to show vehicle settings and warning messages (such as low oil level). The Alpine system is fully compatible with the Audi electronic systems and can therefore display all menus and warnings. You can also display air condition and heater settings, seat heating settings and many more (depends on original equipment)
The adapter KWE-DY01G6 is needed, if your Audi A4 is equipped with an Audi sound system (Audi Sound 9VD or B&O 9VK). It allows you to connect the X702D-A4 to the factory sound system. It is an attenuator which matches the more powerful Alpine Navigation System to the OEM amplifier.
Alpine is known worldwide for excellent sound quality. Our audio specialists engineered this system with the greatest attention to detail, from selection of high-grade components to precision audio tuning, to deliver a truly high-end sound experience for your Audi. The system also offers many sound adjustment functions such as digital time correction and professional equalization to allow users to adjust the system to their own preferences.
The X702D-A4 can be equipped with Alpine reversing and multi-view cameras that can be controlled right from the touch-screen display. The system is also compatible with the cars parktronic system, which can be displayed simultaneously with the parking camera or stand-alone. We even redesigned the parktronic display in the 2nd generation system to show much greater detail.
The optional rear-view camera system provides parking safety with cutting-edge camera technology. The rear-view camera automatically activates when reversing. You not only have a clear view to the rear, you can also see useful distance guides that are programmed to exactly match the Audi’s measurements for easier parking.
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod touch or iPhone via HDMI to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 7-inch display. Alpine even offers an all-new DVB-T2 tuner (TUE-T220DV) if you like to watch TV programs while you are waiting in traffic jams. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
The innovative X702D-A4 with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you useful information, and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they’re needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the X702D-A4 for improved accuracy when using the navi apps.
You can launch the Spotify app through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and enjoy online music on your Alpine. You can fully control the app through your 7-inch touch-screen. The app works with Spotify regular and premium accounts, but offers different control options depending on the account level.
Waze is the worlds largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join other drivers in your area who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute. Get alerted before you approach police, accidents, road hazards or traffic jams, all shared by other drivers in real-time. Waze is now available for Android Auto.
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
This Alpine unit can playback audio files in FLAC format including 24/96 and 24/192 Hi-Res Audio compatibility.
Upgrade your Alpine infotainment system with DVD playback capability. The DVE-5300X is designed to fit exactly behind the audio control panel to be easily reached from the drivers seat. It uses HDMI technology for stunning image quality and can be fully controlled from the touch screen or the Alpine control panel. The DVD Player provides DVD, CD, MP3, DivX and many more playback formats.
We highly recommend upgrading your sound system if you install the Alpine Style Infotainment system to get a true audiophile sound experience in your Audi A4. Alpine offers the choice of a high-end front speaker system or a full audiophile grade sound system which includes a digital high-end amplifier with built-in DSP. Both systems are designed and tuned to ensure an excellent sound experience in your Audi.
The SPC-100AU front speaker system features two high performance mid-bass woofers and two Silk Dome tweeters to upgrade the front doors of your Audi A4 that have the original four- or eight-speaker passive sound system.
The iGo Primo NextGen navigation is currently one of the best navigation software on the market. Combined with Alpines powerful hardware and processing power, you get a highly accurate and super fast navigation system for your car. For example, calculating a route from Munich to Paris takes just a few seconds. The system is packed with tons of useful and unique navigation features, from partial address input with automatic detection, TMC route guidance, 3D landmark icons and much more. It also includes hundreds-of-thousands of POIs, to make it easy to find restaurants and any kind of public places near you.
Important Navigation Features
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Map updates can be purchased at any time online through naviextras.com
- Updates can be purchased by country and by region.
- This saves cost by updating only what is necessary.
- Address search with postcode input (including 7-digit UK postcodes)
- Smart routes: the system database stores historic traffic patterns and uses them to choose the best route depending on the time of day and day of week
- High-resolution maps
More satellites equal higher navigation accuracy and a faster positioning fix. This Alpine product is compatible with GPS satellite signals and can also receive positioning data from Glonass satellites. This brings big advantages especially in an urban environment with many tall buildings and when driving next to high mountains. When using navigation with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you can also benefit from this new improved compatibility.
Alpines innovative “One Look” split-screen technology allows you to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance. This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display, and you can simply drag the navi map to be shown in the left or in the right window.
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria. This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific petrol station brand nearby. Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
When youre driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turn spoken directions and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long its going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit twice, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
Let Google Maps lead the way. Its easy to get where youre going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The X702D-A4 works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto can even access the Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
- Memory Pre-sets (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Pre-set: 18 Pre-set Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Pre-set Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: compatible with all models except 1st and 2nd generation iPhone
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Works with Apple CarPlay (requires CarPlay enabled iPhone)
- Works with Android Auto (Requires Android Auto enabled smartphone)
- Map Coverage: 48 Countries (Western and Eastern Europe)
- Menu Language: 29 Languages
- Voice Guidance Language: 29 Languages for Voice Guidance, 15 Languages for Text-to-Speech (TTS)
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS / Glonass, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC compatible
- Video Playback: MP4 compatible
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine¢ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 2 V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 7²² Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favourites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2 V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer) KTX-PRE1 Required (Sold separately)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input (3.5mm micro jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras / compatible with original camera
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rear-view Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Multi Camera Selector Interface KCX-C250MC ready
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input / Output (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- HDMI Selector Interface KCX-630HD Ready
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300X
MAP & DATABASE
- Online Map Update via alpine.naviextras.com
- Featuring TomTom Maps
- 3 Years free of charge map update (multiple updates possible)
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
- Screen Size: 7-inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media¢ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ²².m4a²² file
- Flac Decoding
- USB Video playback (AVI/MP4/MKV file with H.264 Video and MP3/AAC Audio)
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- Dynamic Range(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
GPS / Glonass
- GPS / Glonass compatible navigation antenna included
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V3.0+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- High Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- High Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- High Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- Low Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- X702D-A4 / X702D-A5: Fits for Audi A4 / A5 left hand drive
- X702D-A4R: Fits for Audi A4 / A5 right hand drive
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 164 mm